Posted to dev@quickstep.apache.org by Caleb Welton <cw...@apache.org> on 2016/08/02 00:54:45 UTC

Greetings

Hello Quickstep team!

A. This list is a bit difficult to find.

I'd like to suggest adding a link to it from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/QUICKSTEP/Quickstep+Home or
http://quickstep.incubator.apache.org/

B. I'd like to propose two minor enhancements.

1. Update cyclic_dependency.py and validate_cmakelists.py to support both
Python2 and Python3.

Reason, Python 3 is has reached a level of maturity that it can be
considered ready for prime time, adding support for Python 3 is a minimal
cost and increases both future readiness and availability on more systems.
The change to support both versions of the language is relatively small and
non-invasive.

If the community is interested I have a patch.

2. Update cyclic_dependency.py and validate_cmakelists.py to move
configuration to a separate configuration file.

Reason, currently both scripts have intermingled code and configuration
which means that any new ignored dependencies require changes to the code
rather than configuration.  The scripts seem generally useful and I would
like to incorporate them into a different project, it would be nice to be
able to do so without requiring code changes so that the code can be used
as is without modification.

I am willing to develop a patch if the community is interested.

Cheers!
   Caleb

Re: Greetings

Posted by J Patel <jm...@gmail.com>.