Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Janko Muzykant <um...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/28 22:01:59 UTC

T5 Nested Link components and their urls

hi, i have a following problem with urls generated by nested links components
- lets say, we have a reportUsers page and something like this inside:

<t:report t:id="report">
	<th t:type="header" column="username"/>

header is my component that creates ActionLink with parameter given in
'column' attribute. Generated url looks like this:
http://myhost:port/context/path/reportUsers.header/username. pretty cool,
but it's not what I would like to achieve. As 'header' component is nested
inside 'report' I would expect the url to look like:
.../path/reportUsers.report.header/username. Could you give me a hint how to
get it?

thanks,
jm.

Re: T5 Nested Link components and their urls

Posted by Janko Muzykant <um...@gmail.com>.
hi Howard,
actually I don't care about url itself, but i would really like to have
event handler of enclosed "header" in a enclosing "report". So I figured out
that if I'll be able to generate url like:
reportUsers.report.header/parameter it will solve my problem ("@OnEvent(
component="header")" annotated method in report class would be enough in
this case) . Now my url is: reportUsers.header/parameter and unfortunately I
have no idea how to catch its click-event in "report" component. is there
any way easier way do achieve that?

thanks,
jm.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I really have to ask ... why would you care?

And the issue here is enclosure vs. containment.  Containment is the
concrete structure of the components, it really is the component
hierarchy.  Enclosure is largely a factor in how the templates are
laid out ("report" encloses "header"), but can be much more dynamic
(witness the jumping around that BeanEditForm accomplishes, literally
pulling chunks of other pages into the mix).

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Janko Muzykant <um...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  hi, i have a following problem with urls generated by nested links components
>  - lets say, we have a reportUsers page and something like this inside:
>
>  <t:report t:id="report">
>         <th t:type="header" column="username"/>
>
>  header is my component that creates ActionLink with parameter given in
>  'column' attribute. Generated url looks like this:
>  http://myhost:port/context/path/reportUsers.header/username. pretty cool,
>  but it's not what I would like to achieve. As 'header' component is nested
>  inside 'report' I would expect the url to look like:
>  .../path/reportUsers.report.header/username. Could you give me a hint how to
>  get it?
>
>  thanks,
>  jm.
>

>  --