Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by RE...@gru.com on 2002/08/01 22:17:30 UTC

Adding HTTP headers to the default 2.3.1 message transport

Hello;

I am currently using HTTP transport for sending some SOAP Messages (not
RPC)..

I'm encountering a problem whereby I have a multi-Virtual-domain IIS server
I need to talk to, and get around some IIS wackiness I generally have to
append an the http header of 'Host: <websiteHere>'

Failure to add the header generally results in a 'no site located here
message', which is helping me to fail in sending SOAP messages into the
RPCRouter servlet..

So.. my question is, is there any way, out of the box, to have the
HTTPTransport system for Apache-SOAP 2.3.1 to append additional HTTP headers
to the request?

I am aware I could just extend the classes, but if possible I would like to
advoid doing so..

Thanks;

Kenneth Reising
Java / Web Applications Developer
Gainesville Regional Utilities
(352) 334-3400 x 1153

RE: Adding HTTP headers to the default 2.3.1 message transport

Posted by Dan Allen <da...@nist.gov>.
	IIRC, there's a method for adding HTTP headers to the request.  I think
	its the setHeader() method in Envelope but perhaps not.  I also recall
	that HTTPUtils explicitly adds a Host header, possibly undoing anything
	you might set using the aforementioned method.  I'd suggest you check
	the source for both of these classes for reliable details.

	Dan

Posted by Dan Allen <da...@nist.gov>.