Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/01/25 09:04:37 UTC

[Heads Up] Brutus should be using Maven 1.0.2 now

At least in theory the next Gump runs (starting with the one from "Jan
25 0:00 PST") will be using Maven 1.0.2, unless I've broken something.

"At least in theory" since we probably won't see any Gump runs until
we get the "certificate is expired" problem resolved.  I think I only
need to do a manual svn update and accept the certificate permanently,
which I'll try next.

Cheers

        Stefan

Expired CERT (was Re: [Heads Up] Brutus should be using Maven 1.0.2 now)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any reason to be using https though? Surely you only need
> anonymous, http checkout?

I'm not sure why we use https for Gump's own code, sorry (read "and I
won't change it").  For all the other cases we should be using http
AFAICT.

If we ever start to use installed packages from SVN, then we'll have
to use https since we won't make the packages available for anonymous
access.

Stefan

Re: [Heads Up] Brutus should be using Maven 1.0.2 now

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
> "At least in theory" since we probably won't see any Gump runs until
> we get the "certificate is expired" problem resolved.  I think I only
> need to do a manual svn update and accept the certificate permanently,
> which I'll try next.

Yep - that worked for me.

Is there any reason to be using https though? Surely you only need
anonymous, http checkout?

- Brett

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the bit about offline?

Yes.  Sorry if my statement was too cryptic.

> You should be able to test it by setting your JDK to 1.4, going to
> the jelly checkout, and running "maven jar".

Works, even with --offline, using the build.properties the last public
Gump run has generated.

Thanks a lot

       Stefan

Re: [Heads Up] Brutus should be using Maven 1.0.2 now

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
the bit about offline? If this were a problem, it would exhibit as
dependencies not being found.

the bit about bootstrapping?
when jelly and directory (my foray into gump) are stable, sure.

plugins? It should be fine. ~/.maven/cache is just a cache, only the
plugin JARs that exist in ~/.maven/plugins and $MAVEN_HOME/plugins are
actually loaded.

but if you are concerned, delete it... no harm done.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
That's to populate the repository, but the new install has picked that
up just fine.

I think it's likely to be kaffe - let's hold for the JDK 1.5 run.

- Brett

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
> Maybe I should have done something more than just pointing MAVEN_HOME
> to a different location (actually I twisted a symlink)?  Something
> like removing the Maven cache and re-populate it with newer plugin
> versions (I'd need to know how to do that, though).

Unless Adam did something funny when setting it up, that should be enough.

> Doesn't look that way.  We'll have to wait for the JDK 1.5 run
> starting in about an hour to be sure.

Sounds good to me.

- Brett

Re: [Heads Up] Brutus should be using Maven 1.0.2 now

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That doesn't look very healthy. The build failed too.

I thought that, too.

Maybe I should have done something more than just pointing MAVEN_HOME
to a different location (actually I twisted a symlink)?  Something
like removing the Maven cache and re-populate it with newer plugin
versions (I'd need to know how to do that, though).

> But that's kaffe to, so I don't know if that ever worked?

Doesn't look that way.  We'll have to wait for the JDK 1.5 run
starting in about an hour to be sure.

> The jelly warnings are usually hidden by the default log4j settings
> - are they being overridden?

At least I haven't done anything to change them 8-)

I untarred maven-1.0.2 and modified the symlink we use for MAVEN_HOME,
that's all.

Stefan

Re: [Heads Up] Brutus should be using Maven 1.0.2 now

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> I think I only need to do a manual svn update and accept the
> certificate permanently, which I'll try next.

Done, unfortunately a bit too late for the public run at midnight PST.

Stefan