Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ajTreece <aj...@sun.com> on 2003/06/12 00:47:54 UTC

Old time jsp:include and tiles

Afternoon folks...

I've got a web site that uses Struts (v1.x) and Tiles exclusively and it works great. The
challenge is that I have been asked to include some code from another group that displays a
couple of menu drop downs. They want to keep control of this particular code so they are
requesting that I just jsp:include the full path to their file. This doesn't work real well
inside of tiles.

Is there a <tiles: /> parameter or option that I can use to include a file with a path like
http://sse.central/includeFiles/nav_pulldowns_g

Thanks, ajTreece

Re: Old time jsp:include and tiles

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Hi,

ajTreece wrote:

> Afternoon folks...
>
> I've got a web site that uses Struts (v1.x) and Tiles exclusively and
> it works great. The challenge is that I have been asked to include
> some code from another group that displays a couple of menu drop
> downs. They want to keep control of this particular code so they are
> requesting that I just jsp:include the full path to their file. This
> doesn't work real well inside of tiles.
>
> Is there a <tiles: /> parameter or option that I can use to include a
> file with a path like http://sse.central/includeFiles/nav_pulldowns_g

  No. Tiles can only insert resources from the current web application.
  Have you try to use the struts <bean:include ... /> tag ?
  What is wrong with <jsp:include ..> ?

   Cedric