Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by murali mohan <mu...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/13 13:48:46 UTC

Problem with scheduling builds from the same project

Hello all,

I have a continuum project with 2 build definitions that i want to run every
night. The problem is when i try to schedule it ,say 5 minutes apart, the
second build fails with a log message saying that the project is already
being built.  I can schedule the 2nd project so that it starts only after
the scheduled time of the 1st build ends. But that is not good enough,
because the 1st project some times takes 2 hours and sometime 5 hours as it
depends on lots of external services. SO, i would like to queue the second
project even though the first one is running. Possible?

continuum version is 1.1.
Running on tomcat 5.5

Murali.

Re: Why is stack trace no longer included in build failure emails?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Trey Moore <tm...@saracenenergy.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if a build failure stacktrace can be included in the
> notification emails?
> In an older version of Continuum, the stacktrace was in the email
> itself.  Having to click the link and log in to Continuum is very
> inconvenient.
> When a build failure email goes out to the team, nobody knows if it is
> their code which broke the build.  That info should be front and center.

You can configure whether to include the build output.  T

he info on this issue might help:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-2062

--
Wendy

Why is stack trace no longer included in build failure emails?

Re: Problem with scheduling builds from the same project

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:48 AM, murali mohan <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a continuum project with 2 build definitions that i want to run every
> night. The problem is when i try to schedule it ,say 5 minutes apart, the
> second build fails with a log message saying that the project is already
> being built.  I can schedule the 2nd project so that it starts only after
> the scheduled time of the 1st build ends. But that is not good enough,
> because the 1st project some times takes 2 hours and sometime 5 hours as it
> depends on lots of external services. SO, i would like to queue the second
> project even though the first one is running. Possible?
>
> continuum version is 1.1.
> Running on tomcat 5.5

I would first see if a later version (1.2.3, 1.3.1 Alpha) behaves the
way you want.  Also check JIRA [1] and see if this problem was
reported already.

If not, then we can try some workarounds.  For example, I might add
the project again in a second project group, and configure it to use a
different local repository so the builds can happen at the same time.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM

--
Wendy