Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by George Yabra <ph...@phantom.im> on 2015/06/20 09:22:25 UTC

Tour de Flex Mobile

Hi there,

Some time ago I developed a proof of concept 'Tour de Flex Mobile' app. For
health reasons I was unable to continue working  on the project. That said,
I now feel better and I'm working back on it.

This time I had some more ideas for the app, for example:

RSS & Twitter Feeds
Youtube Videos
Flex Showcase
Mailing List reader (both dev and users)
Wiki
Bug Tracker
Components Explorer

These features will make the app more useful than a simple Components
Explorer App and it will be a great resource for any Flex developer, not
only the new comers.

Some of these features are still in early development and I will be working
on fine tuning them, others I'm still researching how to implement them
without performance issues.

You can test the new Tour de Flex Mobile App from this link [1]

This weekend I will commit these new changes and codebase to the flex
examples Github repo.

Feel free to share your comments and suggestions, I tried to make a very
stable release but they might be some bugs and glitches. I'm not subscribed
to the mailing list but I check it several times a day in the mailing list
archive site.

Best regards

George

[1] http://phantom.im/flex

RE: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Sugan Naicker <Su...@dev-x.co.za>.
Hi George,

Just downloaded and tested, nicely done!

Getting good performance of my Samsung S4.

Well done.

Rgs,

Sugan

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi George,

This is awesome! Thank you!

Clicking on logo to get access to menu is not so intuitive. - This is
something for change for sure.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

RE: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sugan. Got it now. May be 3 horizontal lines before the logo would
help users to locate the menu...
Anyway, great work George. Works really smooth.

Cheers!
On 21 Jun 2015 13:36, "Sugan Naicker" <Su...@dev-x.co.za> wrote:

Hi Team,

Yeah, I had the same problem initially...

Click on the ApacheFlex logo and the menu will open. Click on Components.

Rgs,

Sugan

Sounds exciting. Happened to install it on my mobile. I can see just the
blog news and twitter feed options. Where can I find the components? I am
on android lollipop. It isn't showing menu option too. I feel am missing
something...

RE: Tour de Flex Mobile

Re: Tour de Flex Mobile

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.