Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2022/10/11 15:49:25 UTC

[REPORT] PDFBox - October 2022

The mission of PDFBox is the creation and maintenance of software related to a
Java library for working with PDF documents

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
## Membership Data:
Apache PDFBox was founded 2009-10-21 (13 years ago)
There are currently 21 committers and 21 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Matthäus Mayer on 2017-10-16.
- No new committers. Last addition was Joerg O. Henne on 2017-10-09.

## Project Activity:
Recent releases:

     2.0.27 was released on 2022-09-29.
     1.8.17 was released on 2022-09-15.
     2.0.26 was released on 2022-04-21.

## Community Health:
- there is a steady stream of contributions, bug reports and questions on the
   mailing lists
- there are a lot of refactorings, improvements and bugfixes
- we are still planning to cut the first beta release of our next major
   version
   3.0.0
- to do so we start to identify the last tickets with breaking changes to be
   included in 3.0.0.
- due to the releases last month the preparations for the beta release were
   slowed down a little
- there was an article about maintaining interoperability in open source
   software". To do so the authors studied the activities within Apache PDFBox
   for two years without the knowledge of the community. We don't see any
   surprises, see https://s.apache.org/aljtz for further details