Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Patrik Grip-Jansson <pa...@gnulix.org> on 2002/03/11 14:02:37 UTC

Fixed XML docs

I've tried to update all XML docs that didn't validate against the DTD. I
had to add some stuff to the DTD, mostly I've tried to avoid this though.

There are two docs that doesn't validate: mod_rewrite.xml and mod_ssl.xml.
I'll try to get them into working order as well, but they're quite large
and the number DTD warnings is huge.

--
.---------------------.
| Patrik Grip-Jansson |
| Ringen 4B           |    .--------------------.
| 78444 Borlänge   .--'----' http://gnulix.com/ `---------.
| Sweden           |  All views and opinions are my own,  |
`------------------| PH:+46(0)24382823 PW:+46(0)707354360 |
                   `--------------------------------------'

RE: Fixed XML docs

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Patrik Grip-Jansson [mailto:patrikj@gnulix.org]

> I've tried to update all XML docs that didn't validate against the DTD. I
> had to add some stuff to the DTD, mostly I've tried to avoid this though.
>
> There are two docs that doesn't validate: mod_rewrite.xml and
> mod_ssl.xml.
> I'll try to get them into working order as well, but they're quite large
> and the number DTD warnings is huge.

I know.  I've deliberately avoided those two, because they have much more
complex markup than anything else in the docs; in particular, they have
complicated tables.  I don't want to greatly expand the DTD just for these
two docs.  I'd prefer to just leave them as "invalid".

If there are things from those docs that seem generally useful, then we can
add them to the DTD.  But I don't want to add garbage to the DTD, and I
don't want to make those docs less readable just for the sake of validating
them.

We still need to look at adding some table options to the DTD.  For example,
having a table style that automatically colors every other line and
top-aligns the rows might help.

Joshua.