Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2011/09/14 20:17:53 UTC

[fulcrum] [VOTE] Release fulcrum-quartz-1.1.0 based on RC1

Hi folks,

Time for some releases again. A release candidate for
fulcrum-quartz-1.1.0 has been prepared. The uploaded files might need
some time to be mirrored.

Please verify this release candidate and vote...

Tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/turbine/fulcrum/tags/FULCRUM_QUARTZ_1_1_0/

Site:

http://turbine.apache.org/builds/fulcrum/fulcrum-quartz/1.1.0/RC1/site/

Binaries:

http://turbine.apache.org/builds/turbine/fulcrum/fulcrum-quartz/1.1.0/RC1/staged/org/apache/fulcrum/fulcrum-quartz/1.1.0/

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because

Bye, Thomas.

Re: [fulcrum] [VOTE] Release fulcrum-quartz-1.1.0 based on RC1

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
[X] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com>.
+1

/Ludwig

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 14.09.11 20:17, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> [X] +1 release it

Bye, Thomas.

[RESULT][VOTE] Release fulcrum-quartz-1.1.0 based on RC1

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 14.09.11 20:17, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Time for some releases again. A release candidate for
> fulcrum-quartz-1.1.0 has been prepared. The uploaded files might need
> some time to be mirrored.

Hi folks,

we have three binding +1 votes for the release candidate (in order of
appearance)

- Thomas Vandahl
- Siegfried Goeschl
- Scott Eade

and one non-binding +1 vote
- Ludwig Magnusson

No 0 and -1 votes were cast. The vote has passed. Thanks to all the voters.

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 10.10.11 22:59, Scott Eade wrote:
> Minor comments:
> * Will the pom be updated to exclude (or make optional) the previously
> mentioned dependencies?

Actually, I'm a bit reluctant to mess with dependencies other developers
think are necessary.

> * The link to Subversion needs updating (switch from Tigris to Apache).

Will do. Site deployment is possible independently from the release, I
guess.

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
I will review and vote later today.

WILL

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@apache.org>.
Minor comments:
* Will the pom be updated to exclude (or make optional) the previously
mentioned dependencies?
* The link to Subversion needs updating (switch from Tigris to Apache).
* The copyright symbol is missing on the JavaDoc footer (same thing for Test
JavaDoc).
* If I checkout and run mvn site I don't see the Project Documentation in
the nav, but I guess this is due to
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-and-site-plugin.html

No show stoppers, so +1 from me.

Scott

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Posted by Siegfried Göschl <si...@it20one.com>.
Hi folks,

that works for me

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.quartz-scheduler</groupId>
      <artifactId>quartz</artifactId>
      <version>2.0.0</version>
      <exclusions>
        <exclusion>
          <groupId>c3p0</groupId>
          <artifactId>c3p0</artifactId>
        </exclusion>
      </exclusions>
    </dependency>

since the DB connection pool c3p0 is only required when using a database - but I was wrong regarding jta and slf4j.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi Siegfried,

Posted by Siegfried Göschl <si...@it20one.com>.
Hi Thomas,

one question - the quartz library pulls in javax.transaction, c3p0 and slf4j since this is defined in its pom. Do we really want those dependency propagated or shall we exclude them directly for this project?

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

fulcrum> mvn dependency:tree
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'dependency'.
[INFO] Building Fulcrum Quartz
[INFO]    task-segment: [dependency:tree]
[INFO] [dependency:tree {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO] org.apache.fulcrum:fulcrum-quartz:jar:1.1.0
[INFO] +- junit:junit:jar:3.8.1:test
[INFO] +- org.apache.fulcrum:fulcrum-testcontainer:jar:1.0.6:test
[INFO] +- org.apache.fulcrum:fulcrum-yaafi:jar:1.0.6:test
[INFO] |  \- org.apache.avalon.framework:avalon-framework-impl:jar:4.3.1:test
[INFO] +- org.quartz-scheduler:quartz:jar:2.0.0:compile
[INFO] |  +- javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.1:compile
[INFO] |  +- c3p0:c3p0:jar:0.9.1.1:compile
[INFO] |  \- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:jar:1.6.1:compile
[INFO] \- org.apache.avalon.framework:avalon-framework-api:jar:4.3.1:compile