Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by chendaya <ch...@inspur.com> on 2012/11/06 07:04:43 UTC

Hadoop version layout error

Hi, everyone
I am getting this error in one or two nodes in a hadoop cluster where rest of the nodes are running fine:
ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException: ***** Upgrade is not supported from this older version of storage to the current version. Please upgrade to Hadoop-0.14 or a later version and then upgrade to current version. Old layout version is 'too old' and latest layout version this software version can upgrade from is -7.
Any idea how to fix this prob. without losing the data.

Many Thanks!!

Daya Chen

Re: Hadoop version layout error

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
What version of Hadoop are you/were you on? And did you run an NN
upgrade recently?

Can you also pastebin the full logs somewhere?

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop version layout error

Posted by Serge Blazhiyevskyy <Se...@nice.com>.
If your replication factor is 3, this mean that you take those two nodes
without loosing any data and rebuild them

Rebalance the cluster after you are done, and all good to go!

Regards
Serge