Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Todd Herman <to...@apx-labs.com> on 2012/03/01 15:18:40 UTC

Troubles building c++ Qpid 0.12

I spent hours last night trying to build the c++ version (0.12) of Qpid.  I had lots of problems with boost.  I finally got it all to build.  The projects and solution opened fine but now the project won't actually build.  I had over 300 errors.  I had to comment out some lines in the integer types header file that was conflicting with stdint.h (I think that was the file) and I got the errors down to 160.

I am on a Windows 7 machine and using Visual Studio 2010.  Does anyone have the projects built (ready for compilation) in a similar environment that I could have?

Todd Herman
Senior Software Engineer

APX Labs
2350 Corporate Park Drive, Ste. 510 | Herndon, VA 20171
m: 703-489-8761 | www.apx-labs.com<http://www.apx-labs.com> | @APXLabs

Re: Troubles building c++ Qpid 0.12

Posted by Todd Herman <to...@apx-labs.com>.
Great.  Thanks.  Will start on that now?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Todd,

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
You 0.16 windows client code should work against the 0.12 server.
In the 0.12 time frame Visual Studio 2008 was the only environment
supported for Windows. If you can install that then you will have
a much easier time building 0.12 clients.

You can pick up a pre-compiled boost library for Windows at
http://people.apache.org/~chug/boost-win-1.47/
There are four .zips to choose from: VS2008-VS2010, x86-x64.
I've used boost-1.47 for Qpid 0.13 through 0.15 but not for 0.12.
Moving forward please use boost-1.47 or later.

-Chuck

> Thanks for the response.  I am attempting to setup an environment
> similar to my customers so I can develop something for them.  They
> are using version 0.12 which is why I was trying to use it.  Do you
> have any idea if there are huge differences between 0.16 and 0.12
> that will cause me issues.  Meaning, if I go ahead and use version
> 0.16 and build my code to target that server, should it still work
> against the 0.12 server?  Also, will it possibly work if I install
> Visual Studio 2008 and build against it instead of 2010.
>
> Todd Herman
> Senior Software Engineer
>
> APX Labs
> 2350 Corporate Park Drive, Ste. 510 | Herndon, VA 20171

errors
> down to 160.
>
> I am on a Windows 7 machine and using Visual Studio 2010.  Does anyone
> have the projects built (ready for compilation) in a similar
> environment
that I

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Todd,