Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jagaran das <ja...@yahoo.co.in> on 2011/07/31 23:50:54 UTC

DFSClient Protocol and FileSystem class

What is the difference between DFSClient Protocol and FileSystem class in Hadoop DFS (HDFS). Both of these classes are used for connecting a remote client to the namenode in HDFS. So,

 I wanted to know the advantages of one over the other and which one is suitable for remote-client connection.

Regards,
JD

Re: DFSClient Protocol and FileSystem class

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@yahoo.com>.
Hi JD,

FileSystem is a public API but DFSClient is an internal class.  For developing Hadoop applications, we should use FileSystem.

Tsz-Wo

Max Number of Open Connections

Posted by jagaran das <ja...@yahoo.co.in>.

Hi,

What is the max number of open connections to a namenode?

I am using

FSDataOutputStream out = dfs.create(src);

Cheers,
JD