Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <sm...@lfjr.net> on 2004/10/12 14:21:17 UTC

[configuration] Roadmap to 1.1

Hi, commons-configuration 1.0 is out (thanks again Henn!), it's time to
think about the next feature release :) There are two main enhancements
I'd like to merge into the official tree, it's the reloading stuff (Bug
25661) and the web configurations (no bug filed yet, but posted on the
list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg36850.html)

The next enhancements I plan to implement are:

- DataConfiguration, a Configuration decorator adding getters for more
types (URL, Locale, Data, Calendar, Color, List, arrays...). If it
becomes really popular, as I expect ;), we may later integrate it in the
Configuration interface.

- SystemConfiguration, a dumb wrapper arround System.getProperties()

- INIConfiguration, if no one rush to integrate it before I'll do it.

If you have other plans, let me know, I'll update the roadmap
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/tasks-report.html)

Emmanuel Bourg