Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org> on 2010/11/15 18:11:07 UTC

Diagnostic toolset

Hi all,
I would like to start working on diagnostic tool set for Karaf. I mean set
of code which can collect needed data including:
- logs (all logs from directory or specified number of entries from logging
service)
- states of bundles, features, services

Do you have any ideas what can be also collected to make these tool useful
for you as developers? Should I put these things to separate bundles and
command group or use existing command groups and bundles?

Best regards,
Lukasz

RE: Diagnostic toolset

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Regarding second thing - Atlassian have this feature in their products.
Attaching additional things into zip is one of my main goals. I thought
about similar solution like InfoProvider done for KARAF-209 [1].

Best regards,
Lukasz

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-209

Yes, we could capture config admin configurations, thread dumps,
output from shell:info command.
Maybe have a way to have bundles contribute some additional files and
put everything into a zip.
Or even raise a JIRA and attach the zip ... ;-)

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Diagnostic toolset