Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/06 09:17:58 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Codename for the jr3 implementation effort (Was: [jr3] Codename)

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thus, please vote on which of these two codenames we should use for
> the jr3 implementation effort:
>
>    [ ] Blackrabbit
>    [ ] Oak
>
> The vote is open until Monday, after which I'll use the name with most
> support to set up subproject infrastructure as described in [1].

The vote results are as follows:

    +4 Blackrabbit
    +7 Oak

Meanwhile the Doodle poll has evolved to show +16 to Blackrabbit and
+17 for Oak.

Oak has the advantage and so we'll go with that. I'll set up the new
mailing list, issue tracker and svn space in a moment. Any volunteers
to join as moderators for the mailing list?

As discussed earlier and mentioned again by Roy, the Oak name is a bit
troublesome for more general branding, which reinforces the point that
we'll use it as a codename for the development effort and decide later
on whether to brand the result as "Jackrabbit 3" or something else.

BR,

Jukka Zitting