Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by dhongyt <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/26 22:27:04 UTC

Chrome Calling Pages Twice Issue?

Lately I have noticed weird things with Chrome and my local Eclipse
environment.

I have noticed that once I log into my WicketApplication, it would call the
SessionService twice and also call my Homepage twice when it loads.

When change a drop down choice, it calls it set method where I set the value
of it and stored in the SessionService, submit the form.

I noticed that some how the stored value isn't there anymore. So the drop
down choice is back to "Choose One"

I thought I did something wrong in my code, but when I try this in Firefox
my value is being stored in SessionService and can be retrieved correctly.

I also deployed this war file into my tomcat server and the odd thing is
that it works correctly if I use Chrome also.

Has anyone experience this oddity?

Re: Chrome Calling Pages Twice Issue?

Posted by dhongyt <da...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I have seen that post about that issue, but I don't use any img. Most of
my pictures are div and the image is called in the CSS.

Re: Chrome Calling Pages Twice Issue?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
I've seen browsers re-request a page if you have, for example, an img tag
on the page that has an empty src attribute.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM, dhongyt <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lately I have noticed weird things with Chrome and my local Eclipse
> environment.
>
> I have noticed that once I log into my WicketApplication, it would call the
> SessionService twice and also call my Homepage twice when it loads.
>
> When change a drop down choice, it calls it set method where I set the
> value
> of it and stored in the SessionService, submit the form.
>
> I noticed that some how the stored value isn't there anymore. So the drop
> down choice is back to "Choose One"
>
> I thought I did something wrong in my code, but when I try this in Firefox
> my value is being stored in SessionService and can be retrieved correctly.
>
> I also deployed this war file into my tomcat server and the odd thing is
> that it works correctly if I use Chrome also.
>
> Has anyone experience this oddity?

Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com
*Ask me about our plans for on-line training lessons.*