Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Uwe Gerger <Uw...@bmw.de> on 2003/05/22 10:20:48 UTC

Starting Cocoon by the command line interface

Hello,
in the source code I found a Main.java - class wich enables the user to
start Cocoon by the command line. Is there some description/tutorial
what parameters are expected and may be how Cocoon can be started
programatically from an another application?

Thanks in advance
	Uwe
--
Uwe Gerger                                _/_/_/   _/    _/  _/    _/
BMW AG, TG-53 IT-Technologie             _/   _/  _/_/_/_/  _/    _/

Re: Starting Cocoon by the command line interface

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
> > > I will soon add/update to refer also to 2.1, which is _very_
> > > different.
> >
> > ok, great!
> > It would be good to keep the 2.0.4 version on the wiki I think,
> > clearly labeled as such.
> >
> > -Bertrand
> >
> yes, I agree with that. Keep both versions!

I have every intention if keeping both! But as separate pages.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Starting Cocoon by the command line interface

Posted by Uwe Gerger <Uw...@bmw.de>.

bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch schrieb:

> Le Jeudi, 22 mai 2003, à 12:00 Europe/Zurich, Upayavira a écrit :
>
> ..
> >> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine
> >
> > This page refers only to 2.0.4.
> >
> > I will soon add/update to refer also to 2.1, which is _very_ different.
>
> ok, great!
> It would be good to keep the 2.0.4 version on the wiki I think, clearly
> labeled as such.
>
> -Bertrand

yes, I agree with that. Keep both versions!

Many thanks!
Uwe

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Jeudi, 22 mai 2003, à 10:27 Europe/Zurich, Alexander Schatten a écrit

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at>.
Uwe Gerger wrote:

>Hello,
>in the source code I found a Main.java - class wich enables the user to
>start Cocoon by the command line. Is there some description/tutorial
>what parameters are expected and may be how Cocoon can be started
>programatically from an another application?
>
>Thanks in advance
>	Uwe

I played around for some time, searched the mailing list... finally I
decided to believe, that it seems to be an undocumented feature, that
hardly anyone can use ;-(

however, I found it far simpler to start wget to retrieve an offline
version, though I am not sure, whether this solves all problem the
cocoon interface is able to solve. e.g. what about get params (don´t
know what Cocoon would be doing) and so on...

alex