Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Siraj Shakil <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/27 20:06:34 UTC

Just a simple question :>

Hello Guys,

I am new to James but really liked the concept. After
doing few research with mailet apis, i am going to
suggest James for a big project that we are about to
get into.

But before that, i need some answers:

1. Have anyone tested james with upto 5,000 mailboxes
where each mailbox can have 5MB space? Any
significance change in performance / does the server
crash?

2. I know that few old java apps does not work
properly with new JDK 1.4+ (i.e. cocoon) and for that
there are different binary versions. Does james have
these issues?

Any suggestion is welcome and thanks in advance.

Best regards, Shakil

RE: Just a simple question :>

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> 1. Have anyone tested james with up to 5,000 mailboxes
>    where each mailbox can have 5MB space?

Not me, yet.  I would suggest a database for storage.

2. I know that few old java apps does not work
   properly with new JDK 1.4+

I have been testing James with IBM 1.3.1 and Sun JDK 1.4.1_01 on linux.
Works fine.

	--- Noel