Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <gi...@otego.com> on 2007/01/19 16:47:01 UTC

Re: Configuration handling in 2.2 (properties etc.)

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I removed the factory :) as it is not needed anymore. We use Spring as
> the factory and spring generates new FileGenerators for us. So the
> FileGenerator from trunk is a spring managed bean and not an avalon
> component anymore.

IIRC Spring doesn't respect the DisposableBean interface (which is an
equivalent of the Disposable Avalon interface) on factory produced beans.
Is this the case on your solution as well?

Ciao

--
Otego AG                                  Tel:   +41 (0)1  240 00 55
Giacomo Pati, CTO                         Mobile:+41 (0)79 262 21 04

Re: Configuration handling in 2.2 (properties etc.)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> I removed the factory :) as it is not needed anymore. We use Spring as
>> the factory and spring generates new FileGenerators for us. So the
>> FileGenerator from trunk is a spring managed bean and not an avalon
>> component anymore.
>
> IIRC Spring doesn't respect the DisposableBean interface (which is an
> equivalent of the Disposable Avalon interface) on factory produced beans.
> Is this the case on your solution as well?

Yes, Spring does not support DisposableBean in this case, therefore I
added the DisposableSitemapComponent to o.a.c.sitemap. So if a sitemap
component needs cleanup after it has been used, it should implement this
interface.

For this use case we have to use a marker interface, so I think it's
better to use our own marker interface (as pipeline components are our
interfaces already).

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler