Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Geoff Hartman <ge...@fivepack.net> on 2007/02/05 20:41:25 UTC

[users@httpd] MAX_HOST_CONNECTIONS

Where can I set the max number of connections? What is the default? Is it set in the httpd.comf file?

Re: [users@httpd] MAX_HOST_CONNECTIONS

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
Geoff,

On Feb 5, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Geoff Hartman wrote:

> Where can I set the max number of connections? What is the default?
> Is it set in the httpd.comf file?

Yes. MaxClients is your friend.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#maxclients

This directive sets the maximum number of Apache workers, not the
maximum number of connections.  Depending on your operating system
and its configuration, sockets may be lined up by the kernel waiting
for a worker to handle them. See also ListenBacklog:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#listenbacklog

S.