Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/01 01:23:52 UTC

Template UDF Project?

I need to create a toJSON(tuple)/toJSON(bag) UDF for a Pig/Redis post, to
make the content stored in Redis JSON. This lets me store complex types.
There is enough code out there that this is simple, I am just looking at
builtin.JsonStorage.

What is less simple is the ant crap. I want to create an empty project for
new UDF projects and link it from the Pig docs, so people can clone it and
start their own UDF projects on github. This is really the new piggybank,
yeah?

I'm gonna hack the redis one. Just kind of letting you know that I'm doing
this and seeking feedback.

--
Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney russell.jurney@gmail.com datasyndrome.com