Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/30 01:29:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Availability of Geronimo 2.2

The Apache Geronimo project is pleased to announce the available of
Apache Geronimo v2.2 server. This includes improvements too numerous
to mention here, a couple highlights are much easier custom server
assembly, up to date activemq support, and JASPIC support.

Visit the Downloads page for details on downloading Apache Geronimo
v2.2 server assemblies and links to the release notes:
http://geronimo.apache.org/downloads.html

The individual jars and plugins have been available through maven for
a few weeks now as I tried to figure out the last bits of the release
process.  It's quite possible I've messed up some bits of the non-
maven process, so let us know if there are problems.

A big THANK YOU to all that contributed to this release!  Great work
everyone!

david jencks

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of Geronimo 2.2

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Great, ^_^

--
Ivan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of Geronimo 2.2

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 4:09 AM, frapien <fr...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Congratulations an a happy new year to the Geronimo team!
> Good luck for comming releases...
>
> Can someone please update the
> ... <http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-2.2/geronimo-plugins.xml>
> http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/samples-2.2/geronimo-plugins.xml

I'm working on the G 2.2 samples release, hopefully, we can get  the sample
plugins url ready soon, keep tuned...

Forrest

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.
The name of the source archive is not right in that wiki page.

geronimo-2.2-src.tar.gz should be geronimo-2.2-source-release.tar.gz
geronimo-2.2-src.zip should be geronimo-2.2-source-release.zip

So if you fix the file name in the download URL, you can get them.

-Jack

Posted by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
After also editing the jetty file names on the 2.2 downloads page I
think this is all working.  The tomcat links appear to me to work now,
the jetty ones ought to work from the wiki now and from the normal
page after a sync.

Wiki page (please don't use unless necessary, don't publish links to
it):
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxSITE/Apache+Geronimo+v2.2+Release

thanks
david jencks

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Great !  ---Ding---  : )

--
Shawn

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of Geronimo 2.2

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/31 Russell Collins <Ru...@mclaneat.com>

>  I have to say “Great Job” to all of those who made this release
> possible.  I have been waiting for the 2.2 release for a while now and I am
> excited to give it a whirl.  I have played with it a little and here are my
> observations about it.  I hope some of these help others:
>

> First, I am running it on Windows.
>

> ·         I like the backwards compatibility of the server.  For the most
> part, I could take my ear file and deploy it with no problem with the
> exception of the a small change in the deployment descriptor.  The my ear
> assembly uses connection pooling and the connection pool resources changed
> from being a “rar” type to a “car” type (when using the wizard to create the
> connection pool resource).  This is not a big deal but I wonder why the
> change.

 Because once it is deployed into Geronimo, it almost have all the features
of a Geronimo plugin, Also, you are able to export it by the plug-in
console.

> ·         I like the new EJB view that allows for the configuration of the
> object pool and shows information about the beans.  This may be a small
> thing to some but is a WONDERFUL addition for me.
>
> ·         One of the things that is missing currently (for Windows
> Installations) is the Windows Service Wrapper plug-in.  For those wanting to
> run the server as a windows service, this plug-in is greatness.  However,
> this plug-in is currently not available for 2.2.  I have found a work
> around.  I simply grab the assemblies created by 2.1 plug-in and use them in
> 2.2.  It works fine.  Example:  I went to the bin directory of 2.1 and
> grabbed the “service_pr.bat”, “geronimosrv.exe”, and “geronimosrvw.exe”.  I
> then copied those objects to the bin directory of 2.2 and ran the batch file
> like I normally would.  I hope this helps anyone else that is having this
> issue.

 This plug-in is not shipped by the distribution assembly, you could install
it via admin-console, it should automatically download it from the public
mavne repository.

--
Best Regards,

Delos

________________________________

Posted by Russell Collins <Ru...@mclaneat.com>.
PLEASE RELEASE IT!!! :D

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of Geronimo 2.2

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>.