Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/15 19:48:20 UTC

Not showing error during deployment

Hi

I'm using TC 5.5.26 and java 5.
When I deploy one webapp I get the following error:
SEVERE: Context [/search] startup failed due to previous errors

But it doesn't give any further error.
Some other times I added a log4j configuration on the common/classes
and the log4j jar inside common\lib and had to configure as debug to
be able to see the deployment error stacktrace.  But this would give
me just too much log.

What is the right approach to show the deployment errors?

regards
Emerson

Re: Not showing error during deployment

Posted by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I still couldn't make this work. Someone could please refer me to some
guide on this matter?
On my understanding is that the errors occurs inside the spring
listener, and all the stacktrace from this error gets hidden. This is
according this url:
http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=27967&page=2

How can I see those messages?

regards
emerson

Posted by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.

Posted by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.

Posted by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.

Posted by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.

Posted by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hi christopher

This wasn't the case, just there was nothing else back.
I managed to see it using a separate log4j configuration and adding
debug to the org.spring. There is a listener inside spring that when
it fails no message is shown...

regards

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.