Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by 38797715 <38...@qq.com> on 2020/05/14 13:23:13 UTC

About index inline size of primary key

Hi,

Today, I see the following information in the log:

[2020-05-14T16:42:04,346][WARN][query-#7759][IgniteH2Indexing] Indexed
columns of a row cannot be fully inlined into index what may lead to
slowdown due to additional data page reads, increase index inline size
if needed (set system property IGNITE_MAX_INDEX_PAYLOAD_SIZE with
recommended size (be aware it will be used by default for all indexes
without explicit inline size)) [cacheName=NEW, tableName=NEW,
idxName=_key_PK, idxCols=(CO_NUM, CUST_ID), idxType=PRIMARY KEY,
curSize=10, recommendedInlineSize=33]

I know that the create index statement has an inline_ size clause, but I
want to ask, how to adjust the inline size of primary key?

Re: About index inline size of primary key

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I actually think that you should be conservative with that setting, since
large inline size will make your B+-tree taller which may lead to worse
performance.
Setting it to some good default would make sense. It depends on structure
and selectivity of your primary keys.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by 18624049226 <18...@163.com>.
Hi Ilya,