Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Francesco Sclano <sc...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/22 09:27:16 UTC

giraph fails only on large graphs with error “likely client has closed socket”

I'm using giraph-1.3.0.-SNAPSHOT and hadoop-2.8.4 in a EC2 cluster composed
of 5 nodes (everyone has 32 cpus and 60 GBs ram).

If I give small input to my algorithm implemented in giraph, It properly
works. When I give a large input (like
https://snap.stanford.edu/data/web-NotreDame.html) I obtains this error and
my giraph run fails:

WARN server.NIOServerCnxn: caught end of stream exception
EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from client sessionid
likely client has closed socket

I think it is related to zookeeper but I'm not sure.

--
Francesco Sclano