Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Brian Kidney <br...@iol.ie> on 2002/02/12 22:49:14 UTC

Problem saving scheduled job to db.

Hi, Im having the same problem as Thomas in his thread here
 http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02100.html,
where I can create a new scheduled job, but it isn't saved to the db.

David Hollar in this thread
(http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg04068.html)
purposes a solution to the problem. However my problem is that I'm using the
TDK 2.1 binary from
the Turbine site (which doesn't include the fix for this problem) and I'm
pretty new to this stuff, so
checking out the source code and rebuilding it is all new to me and seems
very daunting.

What I'm asking is, is there an easier alternative (like simply replacing
the turbine .jar file with a newer
version)?
And if not, then could someone give me a step by step idiots guide to
checking out, fixing and building
the source.

I apologise if what I'm asking seems very obvious or silly to you, but
everyone was a newbie at one time.

In advance, thank you for any help,
Brian Kidney