Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Garzon Maldonado, Jesus Javier" <jg...@indra.es> on 2002/12/05 15:10:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem starting Apache 2.0.43

Hello all:

Till now I've been working with Apache 2.0.35+mod_ssl+mod_rewrite+php4.2.1 in FreeBSD 4.4 without any problem.

Now I need to work with the latest versions so I've upgraded the OS version to FreeBSD 4.7, the Apache version to 2.0.43 and PHP 4.2.3. Besides this I've added mod_python 3.0. I've configured, compiled the server without any problem, but when I try to run the server the following message appears:

(48)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
Unable to open logs

Does anybody know what is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Javi Garzon

Re: [users@httpd] Problem starting Apache 2.0.43

Posted by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net>.
Did you stop the old version of Apache, before you restarted the new one??  If you still
have the old version running, it will be already listening to port 80...