Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by vinay basavanal <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/28 12:24:33 UTC

exception on hitting tomcat url

HI all,

    my tomcat starts with no problem but when i hot
http://localhost:8081/where 8081 is the port that tomcat runs
i get following error
EVERE: BAD packet signature 18245
Jun 28, 2010 3:50:58 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection
SEVERE: Error, processing connection
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
 at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:306)
 at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.read(ChannelSocket.java:620)
 at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.receive(ChannelSocket.java:577)
 at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:685)
 at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:889)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

please help me out.

--
Thanks & Regards
Vinay

Re: exception on hitting tomcat url

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 29/06/2010 05:38, vinay basavanal wrote:
> Ya sorry for that
>  Tomcat version is 6.0.16
> and am attaching the server.xml file

We don't usually ask you to /attach/ files because the mailing list
sometimes strips attachments, and because various mail archives don't
store them.

One of the advantages of a public mail archive is that other users with
problems can search them and maybe learn from them.  If key information
is in an attached file then it's often not available a few months later,
so they can't see what the problem was.

You also completely ignored the request to remove the comments from your
server.xml.  Details are important.

Create a backup of the server.xml file and then edit out all of the
comments.  You might find it easier to spot what's wrong with the HTTP
Connector.

> on 8089 ajp connector is defined in xml but i dont know anything about
> ajp connector
>
> and HTTp is configured on 8081
> when i hit http://localhost:8081 <http://localhost:8081/> i get http 400

See above.

> and when i hit  http://localhost:8089 <http://localhost:8089/> i get
> exception in tomcat console

That's because 'hitting' 8089 won't send a properly formatted AJP
message to the connector.

Posted by vinay basavanal <vi...@gmail.com>.
Ya sorry for that

when i hit http://localhost:8081 i get http 400
and when i hit  http://localhost:8089 i get exception in tomcat console

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by vinay basavanal <vi...@gmail.com>.
sorry for wrong reply
 * * <Connector port="*8081*" protocol="*AJP/1.3*" redirectPort="*8443*" />

Posted by vinay basavanal <vi...@gmail.com>.
no i dont have ajp connector

Posted by Peter Crowther <pe...@melandra.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 28/06/2010 11:38, vinay basavanal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    please help me out

Be patient, and please read this:

 http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html