Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2002/02/08 21:30:13 UTC

Writing Complex Reports and PDF

On the topic of interesting developments for a Friday afternoon, here's
a neat new tool that I'm playing with now

http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/

It shares a number of technologies with Struts, including the
Commons-Digester. Seems promising.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/

RES: Writing Complex Reports and PDF

Posted by Régis Melo <re...@softsite.com.br>.
Hello Ted,

	JasperReport is a great open source tool. But, Java really need
a professional tool to generate reports. There is some limitations to
use JasperReports - doesn't exists a visual report tool to create the
reports, doesn't permit subreports...

	There are promesses to incorporate all this funcionality to
future releases of JasperReport.

	I'm very interesting in this topic but I can't found any tool
(like Crystal Reports) that is free or not expensive to design
reports...

Régis Melo
SoftSite Tecnologia

Enviada em: sexta-feira, 8 de fevereiro de 2002 18:30
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Cc: craigmcc@apache.org
Assunto: Writing Complex Reports and PDF

On the topic of interesting developments for a Friday afternoon, here's
a neat new tool that I'm playing with now

http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/

It shares a number of technologies with Struts, including the
Commons-Digester. Seems promising.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/