Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 1999/01/09 00:31:08 UTC

FAQ work

The FAQ is really a bit large to post as a single piece,
so I'm working on breaking it up into smaller topical
files.  Here are the basic categories into which the
Qs seem to fall (in no particular order):

 o Apache history
 o Security, authorisation, and authentication
 o SSIs and CGI
 o Compiling
 o Publishing
 o Redirects & rewrites
 o everything else

I figure on breaking it into three files (for now),
breaking at a category boundary.

Any thoughts before I invest a lot of effort in this?
--
#ken    P-)}

Re: FAQ work

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Tom Vaughan wrote:

> Is detailing the module API beyond the scope of this FAQ?

I think so.  Various partial attempts have been made
to do it, and it's a bear.  The API documentation
would be, guaranteed, several hundred kilobytes in
size at least.

Adding a pointer to the API documentation (if it existed)
would be appropriate, though.
--
#ken	P-)}

Re: FAQ work

Posted by Tom Vaughan <tv...@aventail.com>.
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> writes:

>  o Apache history
>  o Security, authorisation, and authentication
>  o SSIs and CGI
>  o Compiling
>  o Publishing
>  o Redirects & rewrites
>  o everything else
>
> I figure on breaking it into three files (for now),
> breaking at a category boundary.

Is detailing the module API beyond the scope of this FAQ?

-Tom