Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/03/20 06:31:46 UTC

Logo

Hi,

To fit more in with the Jakarta style we need a new pretty word header.
What do you think about

Re: Logo

Posted by Charles Benett <Ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
Doesn't really work for me, but neither does the exisiting A logo.
Charles

RE: Logo

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 03:44  21/3/01 +0100, Leo Simons wrote:
>> Leo Simons wrote:
>> >

>> > PS:     - a shield with a big A on it, together with a spear sporting
>> >         a banner that says "Avalon"?
>>
>> Now that's a good idea. It captures the legendary aspect, without
>> demanding any specific knowledge of folk.
>
>threw up a quick sketch in coreldraw. Not much,
>but I do feel this could become nice.
>
>What do you think, should I try and do a quality
>one?

I like the shield with the A on it. It needs to be a little less complex
and more simpler IMHO because it needs to fit into small places. (like out
banner ;]).

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Logo

Posted by Charles Benett <Ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
+1 Works for me!
Charles

RE: Logo

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.

Re: Logo

Posted by Charles Benett <Ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.

RE: Logo

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
> > To fit more in with the Jakarta style we need a new pretty word header.
> > What do you think about
>
> Don't take it personal, but I think it's a step back from what we already
> have.

I agree with Berin here.

(...)

If a redesign of the logo is neccessary/wanted, I suggest getting a simple
toon-like icon ala Tomcat/SuSE/Enhydra/Linux/etc. Does not have to be an
animal, though =)

(...)

The current blocks in the 'A' are nice for those that understand, but mean
nothing (probably) to new users.
I'm guessing that there are a lot of people out there who have no idea
what avalon is (in mythical context, I mean), so a logo pointing at
that would not help either.

(...)

The key terms regarding avalon are "server" and "framework". Building an
image around "framework" probably results in horrible things. Server,
though, might be nice. A possibility would be a butler named Avalon
serving up a computer....

(...)

Anyway, I definately do not think moving from the current logo to
an even less graphical/iconic form would be a smart move.

(...)

greetz,

LSD, who's going back to bed (flu :-(

Re: Logo

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 01:14  20/3/01 -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>The logo.

damn I liked it ;)

oh well.

>Who said we had to bend to an arbitrary standard of a word logo?  The "A"
>with avalon written on the side is distinctive, and is of sufficient
>high quality as to be professional.

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Logo

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> At 12:55  20/3/01 -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >Peter Donald wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> To fit more in with the Jakarta style we need a new pretty word header.
> >> What do you think about
> >
> >Don't take it personal, but I think it's a step back from what we already
> >have.
>
> Which bit - the logo - or conforming to the style ?
> ;)

The logo.

Re: Logo

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.