Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2009/02/21 02:49:43 UTC

[test-codebase] testng vs. junit

Hi,

am testing around, what I noticed is that for unit tests imports (@Test,
asserts) testng is imported instead of junit packages. Afaik testng is
about integration tests, but I guess it can be used as completely
isolated unit tests also, so it is used in testing codebase exclusively?

--
 manuel aldana
 aldana@gmx.de

Re: [test-codebase] testng vs. junit

Posted by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de>.
OK, thanks.

So TestNG replaces JUnit in tapestry testing. I was a bit confused
because JUnit dependency was imported to tapestry project. But itself it
is a transitive dependency of TestNG (see maven pom.xml). Most likely it
does so for the transformation feature (JUnit->TestNG).

So far only worked with JUnit, but TestNG looks very promising.
Especially because it explicitly introduces integration test type. I
have seen JUnit often misused to test too much in one test case.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
testng was written as a replacement for junit; ie, it's original
intent was unit testing.

Robert