Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by mikael-aronsson <mi...@telia.com> on 2006/03/17 20:46:35 UTC

Java 1.5 ?

The "Quick start" web page says that Geronimo 1.0 does not work with Java
1.5, I did not notice this until I had already started and as far as I can
see it work just fine, I can start the server and log in to the console at
least.

Is it true that I should not use Geronimo with Java 1.5 and if so, when do
you think it will be possible to use it with 1.5 ?

Mikael

Re: Java 1.5 ?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Mar 17, 2006, at 11:46 AM, mikael-aronsson wrote:

> The "Quick start" web page says that Geronimo 1.0 does not work
> with Java 1.5, I did not notice this until I had already started
> and as far as I can see it work just fine, I can start the server
> and log in to the console at least.
>
> Is it true that I should not use Geronimo with Java 1.5 and if so,
> when do you think it will be possible to use it with 1.5 ?

It seems to work OK as long as you stay away from anything corba-
related and don't try to run any applications on 1.5 that were
deployed on 1.4.2.  The latter can cause problems with a changed
version of QName: this is only likely if you are using web services.

david jencks