Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by yesnid <ns...@pelco.com> on 2009/02/17 23:12:47 UTC

Limit the number of Queues/Topics on a broker

Hello All,

Is there a way to limit the number of Queues/Topics that my broker will
allow? Also is there a way to configure this from the xml config file?

E.g. I want to force my broker to stop creating queues when there are 500
queues.

Thank you.

Re: Limit the number of Queues/Topics on a broker

Posted by Andreas Gies <ag...@progress.com>.
Hi there

I am not aware that this is possible out of the box.
I think that could be done by writing your own BrokerPlugin.

Look at the http://activemq.apache.org/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/BrokerPlugin.html
.
Probably you are going to extend http://activemq.apache.org/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/BrokerFilter.html
and install that in your plugin.

Best regards
Andreas

On Feb 17, 2009, at 11:12 PM, yesnid wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Is there a way to limit the number of Queues/Topics that my broker
> will
> allow? Also is there a way to configure this from the xml config file?
>
> E.g. I want to force my broker to stop creating queues when there
> are 500
> queues.
>
> Thank you.

---
Mit freundlichen Grüssen - Kind Regards
Andreas Gies
Principal Consultant
Open Source Center of Competence

Progress Software GmbH
Agrippinawerft 26
50678 Köln

E-Mail      	agies@progress.com
Direct Line 	+49 (0)9953 980349
Mobile      	+49 (0)170 5759611
Skype        	+44 (0)20 3239 2922
Skype       	+353 (0)1 443 4971
Skype       	+1 (0)781 262 0168

http://www.progress.com
http://fusesource.com
http://open-source-adventures.blogspot.com

Progress Software GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Agrippinawerft 26, 50678 Koeln;
Niederlassung: Fuerstenrieder Str. 279, 81377 Muenchen
Amtsgericht Koeln, HRB 15620;
Geschaeftsfuehrung: David Ireland