Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Nicolas Maillard <nm...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/10/01 21:28:47 UTC

Re: Hbase namespaces

Hello eli

Thank yo for the insight. My requirement is actually to have a database
like system in phoenix. essentialy leveraging Hbase namespaces. This is in
the whole bringing up in phoenix Hbase new features.
I was thinking adding to the antr schema something like create myDb.myTable
construct to be able to create phoenix/Hbase tables that are not in the
default namespace or in the view part creating a view on an Hbase table
that is not in the default hbase namespace.
Does this make more sense ?
If nothing has been done and it is a valid feature maybe I could take a
strike if there are other ways I would love to know.

Hope this is clearer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hbase namespaces

Posted by Nicolas Maillard <nm...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Eli

Great I will file a Jira and take a stab at it.
I will first finally push my first version of hive to phoenix connector,
probably this weekend and will take the namespace right after.
thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hbase namespaces

Posted by Eli Levine <el...@gmail.com>.