Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/10/27 18:53:52 UTC

Using Interceptor/Decorator On Dependent Scoped Beans

Hi;

Does the 299 specification indicate that interceptors and decorators should
not be called for dependent scoped beans?

Currently we do not implement Interceptor/Decorator on @Dependent scoped beans in OWB because we do all interceptor/decorator stuff using proxy and @Dependent scoped beans do not require client proxy.

Does anyone has a good use case/example when dependent scoped beans are useful or necessary?

Thanks;

--Gurkan

Re: [weld-dev] Using Interceptor/Decorator On Dependent Scoped Beans

Posted by Gavin King <ga...@gmail.com>.
Yes, this is required and useful.

However, interceptors/decorators are not really intended to be applied
via the "client proxy" that the spec talks about. In fact, the spec is
written to allow the interception to be implemented without any
separate proxy object at all (using a subclass).

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi;
>

> Does the 299 specification indicate that interceptors and decorators should
> not be called for dependent scoped beans?
>
> Currently we do not implement Interceptor/Decorator on @Dependent scoped
> beans in OWB because we do all interceptor/decorator stuff using proxy and
> @Dependent scoped beans do not require client proxy.
>
> Does anyone has a good use case/example when dependent scoped beans are
> useful or necessary?
>
> Thanks;
>
> --Gurkan

Gavin King
gavin.king@gmail.com
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Gavin
http://hibernate.org
http://seamframework.org

Re: Fw: [weld-dev] Using Interceptor/Decorator On Dependent Scoped Beans

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi;

Decorators and Interceptors are not applied to Decorators/Interceptors managed beans.

--Gurkan

________________________________
Posted by Joseph Bergmark <be...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sven, this was the section I missed!

Sincerely,

Joe Bergmark

Posted by Sven Linstaedt <sv...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joseph Bergmark <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
FYI.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Marius Bogoevici <ma...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Dan Allen <da...@gmail.com>.
According to the intro in Chapter 8. Decorators:

"Decorators may be associated with any managed bean that is not itself an
interceptor or decorator or with any EJB session bean."

Dependent-scoped beans are managed beans, so ergo, they must allow
decorators.

I can't provide a use case off the top of my head (just not something my
mind is currently chewing on).

-Dan

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi;
>

> Does the 299 specification indicate that interceptors and decorators should
> not be called for dependent scoped beans?
>
> Currently we do not implement Interceptor/Decorator on @Dependent scoped
> beans in OWB because we do all interceptor/decorator stuff using proxy and
> @Dependent scoped beans do not require client proxy.
>
> Does anyone has a good use case/example when dependent scoped beans are
> useful or necessary?
>
> Thanks;
>
> --Gurkan

Dan Allen

Re: Using Interceptor/Decorator On Dependent Scoped Beans

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
not sure if cross postings are really cool :-)

I do prefer a bookmarkable link and just pointing to it...

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf