Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Wolfgang Egger <wo...@beaglesoft.biz> on 2002/10/07 12:00:51 UTC

IFrames

Servus all out there,

I'm not sure if this is he right mailing-list, but perhaps you can give
me some hints, what resources I should look at to solve my problem.

We build a website using IFrames. Now I have to write a test, that
follows all links that are reachable from a given page a page. The links
that are inside of IFrames and the sources of the IFrames self, has to
be followed too. I have tried httpUnit, but it doesn't recognize
IFrames. I took a look at the cactus documentation, but it seems, that
this is the wrong tool, too.
Does everyone know any resources, where I can get an idea, how to test
IFrames automatically?

Have a nice and peacefully day

    Wolfgang

RE: Particular Configuration Problem

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Vidya,

It really looks like you have already written to the servlet output
stream before you do a forward, which is not allowed by the Servlet
spec. The include will work fine as it does not replace what has already
been sent back but rather adds to it.

-Vincent

Posted by Vidya Deshmukh <vi...@bsil.com>.
Hi Vincent,

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Marco,

There is now only one official and standard way of deploying
applications in a servlet container: it is the WAR packaging. I would
really recommend you do so. It is *very* to do using Ant (simply use the
Ant war task).

If you still don't want to do that (and I can't think of any reason why
not :-)), then the solution is different for each container. The one you
have seems adequate for Tomcat. Just bear in mind that you will then
have to put all cactus jars in the system classpath (or other top level
classloader). Having a webapp allows to isolate classes and jars as each
webapp has its own classloader.

Hope it helps,
-Vincent

location="${app.classes}"/>
> so that I can find my own application classes?
>
> Thanks a lot and sorry for asking basic questions,
> marco

If I

Posted by Marco Barcella <ba...@appiancorp.com>.
Thanks,
[...]

<>> <>Ideally, yes ... but not in the current cactus. The strategy is to
[...]
<>> <>> Am I missing something? Is there a way to do what I would like to
<>do?
<>> <>

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

Posted by Marco Barcella <ba...@appiancorp.com>.
Thanks Vincent,

[...]

<>> THE PROBLEM is that in order to have the redirectors found, I have to

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Marco,

Posted by Marco Barcella <ba...@appiancorp.com>.
Hi all,

I understand that I am supposed to configure the server side (web.xml)
and the client side (cactus.properties: contextURL).

I am using TOMCAT 4.0.3

In my case: I have an application that I deploy to C:/foe/bo/ (deployed
application);
this application comes with a web.xml that I can modify adding the
redirectors definition, as specified by the website tutorial. If I do that
everything works, but, ideally I should not modify that web.xml. Instead,
I should create another application (testing application) (in webapps for
example) where I create
the web.xml which defines the redirectors (instead of modifying the deployed
application web.xml) and
place a build.xml that runs the tests through ANT.

THE PROBLEM is that in order to have the redirectors found, I have to
specify the URLContext to be
the testing application URL. Therefore I cannot define the URLContext to be
the deployed application
one and therefore I cannot use some methods like
pageContext.include(relariveURL), testing some files in the deployed
application.

I could define the redirectors in the global web.xml, but I am trying to

RE: Method not found

Posted by Peter Neubauer <pe...@yahoo.se>.
fre 2002-10-11 klockan 19.16 skrev Nicholas Lesiecki:
> It looks like you may be using an incompatible version of the httpclient
> JAR. Can you check that possibility?
I changed jars forth and back, and finally got it working using commons-httpclient-2.0-dev.jar
Anyways, the methods are in the 1.0 versions too, but I still don't know
why I get the error using them.

Thanks for the help!

/peter

RE: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl: cannot fix it

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Marco,

ok. That should work just fine as it works for me.

> 2/ I have .jar in three places:
> tomcat/common/lib:
>  aspectjrt-1.0.5.jar
>  cactus-1.4.1.jar
>  cactus-ant-1.4.1.jar
>  commons-httpclient-2.0alpha1-200206
>  commons-logging.jar
>  httpunit-1.4.1.jar
>  junit.jar
>  servletapi-2.3.jar
>  Tidy.jar
>  xerces.jar
>  xml-apis.jar

ok

> [testingdirectory]/WEB-INF/lib:
>  aspectjrt-1.0.5.jar
>  cactus-1.4.1.jar
>  cactus-ant-1.4.1.jar
>  commons-httpclient-2.0alpha1-200206
>  commons-logging.jar
>  httpunit-1.4.1.jar
>  junit.jar
>  servletapi-2.3.jar
>  Tidy.jar
>  xerces.jar
>  xml-apis.jar
>
> the [testingdirectory] only contains the build.xml
> and it has to contain the .jar files even if they are in the
> tomcat/common/lib (it is not very clear to me why this is necessary
> as I don't refer to this lib in my build.xml)

Do you mean this is from where you start the tests? I guess I am
confused by the WEB-INF/ directory which would indicate a webapp. But
reading between the lines, I gather you use Ant to start your tests
using the junit ant task in which you add all the mentioned jars to be
put in junit task classpath.

> [applicationtotest]/WEB-INF/lib:
> ([applicationtotest]/WEB-INF/classes contains the classes to test and
the
> testing classes I write)
> appian-asl.jar
> appian-client.jar
> classes12.jar
> commons-beanutils.jar
> commons-collections.jar
> commons-digester.jar
> commons-pool.jar
> commons-loggin.jar
> cos.jar
> i18n.jar
> jakarta-poi-1.5.1-final-2002061
> JTurbo.jar
> log4j-1.2.6.jar
> struts.jar
> xalan.jar
> xalanservlet.jar
> xercesImpl.jar
> xml-apis.jar

What's the version of commons-logging.jar in your webapp? Is it the same
as the cactus one?

I have to say I don't know what's happening. I think your best bet might
be to ask the commons-dev mailing list (where commons-logging is).

Alternatively if you could send me a minimal zip still showing the
error, I could try to debug it.

> Now, the PROBLEM DISAPPEARS WHEN I remove the commons-loggin.jar,

you mean remove the one in your webapp?

> but
> this is not an option for me. I hope I was clear enough.
> Thanks!!!
> marco

-Vincent

[snip]

RE: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl: cannot fix it

Posted by Marco Barcella <ba...@appiancorp.com>.
Thanks Vincent,

1/ Tomcat 4.0.3
[...]

Now, the PROBLEM DISAPPEARS WHEN I remove the commons-loggin.jar, but

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Marco,

1/ What version of Tomcat are you using?
2/ Where are all your jars located? In tomcat/common/lib? Do you have
jars in your webapp WEB-INF/lib directory? If so, which ones?

Thanks
-Vincent

[snip]

RE: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl: cannot fix it

Posted by Marco Barcella <ba...@appiancorp.com>.
Thanks again,

[...]

<><>> --
<><>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:cactus-user-
<><>> unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
<><>> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:cactus-user-
<><>> help@jakarta.apache.org>
<><>
<><>
<><>
<><>--
<><>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
<><...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Marco,

Posted by Marco Barcella <ba...@appiancorp.com>.
Hi,

I had everything running then the application I am testing added
commons-logging.jar
on top of
log4j-1.2.6.jar
I get:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl

I read that I should exclude the package from junit view, so I added to

RE: Method not found

Posted by Nicholas Lesiecki <ni...@eblox.com>.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Method not found

Posted by Peter Neubauer <pe...@yahoo.se>.
Hi,
running cactus I get the following:
345 [main] DEBUG test.TurbineTest  - Exception in test
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod.setRequestHeader(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V
	at
org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientConnectionHelper.dispatch24_connect(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):142)
	at
org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientConnectionHelper.around24_connect(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1218)

RE: IFrames

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Wolfgang,

I confirm that Cactus is the wrong tool! It only does unit testing
(white box testing) ATM with a little functional testing by the ability
to assert the response using HttpUnit for example.

I don't know of any tool but I am sure there are. You can also patch
HttpUnit to add support for IFrame or ask for this feature on the
HttpUnit SourceForge web site.

Cheers,
-Vincent