Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by John Wooten <jw...@ntplx.net> on 2001/12/21 18:01:27 UTC

ClassNotFound

I created a new portlet, edited the demo_portlets.xreg file to include it.

I then compiled the portlet, placed the class file under
C:\JBoss-3.2.3\JBoss-2.4.1_Tomcat-3.2.3\tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\clas
ses
in the proper folder hierarchy.
I reference some of my other classes and placed the jar containing those
under the same WEB_INF\jars directory and some additional classes I
reference under the \WEB-INF\classes directory, again with proper hierarchy
of folders.

I select the pane from jetspeed where I have configured it to appear.  I get
on the console:

* * * * No application found for <JSP> in applications
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.shoulderscorp.ics.ICSApplication
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.shoulderscorp.ics.ICSApplication
        at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassL
oader.java:524)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)

I verify that the class:
com.shoulderscorp.ics.ICSApplication
is under \WEB_INF\classes\com\shoulderscorp\ics\ and is named
ICSApplication.class.

I have stopped, started, etc. Tomcat.

Does the adaptiveclassloader not get its files from the WEB-INF\classes
directory?
========================
John Wooten, Ph.D.
CTO & CoFounder, Shoulders Corp
http://www.shoulderscorp.com
865-482-9400
jwooten@shoulderscorp.com

RE: ClassNotFound

Posted by John Wooten <jw...@ntplx.net>.
In the classes I load, there are private classes that show up in the folder
hierarchy as ICSApplication$ICSExpeditor.class

Does the adaptiveLoader know how to load private classes?  It seems to not
find this class.  If I run outside the jetspeed portal, this piece of code
runs perfectly.