Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by alton <al...@interlog.com> on 2007/01/30 23:58:52 UTC

Can a mailet generate smtp response code 451 ?

Can a mailet generate smtp response code 451 ?  I would like to implement a
"greylisting" mail server (that generates smtp response code 451 after
receiving a new message) causing the sending mail server to re-attempt
delivery after 5 minutes delay.

Re: Can a mailet generate smtp response code 451 ?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
No mailets can't affect the SMTP conversation.
james 2.3 has an extensible SMTP architecture called "command handler"
which permits the development of bespoke SMTP behaviour

I suggest you get the source and start by looking at
james-smtphandlerchain.xml and package org.apache.james.smtpserver

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/server/tags/build_2_3_0/src/java/org/apache/james/smtpserver/

d.