Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ronaldo <rf...@ilimit.com.br> on 2002/08/17 16:17:09 UTC

Too many threads

Hi,
  I'm developing a web aplication with jsp and servlets, and I'm beging to
use tomcat.
  The only problem I'm having is, when I make a stress test on my tomcat
(4.0.4 on RH Linux) the server create as many threads as the number of
requests. Is this normal? shuldn't be some kind of inteligent thread pool?
Because, I get over 800 threads and my test machine isn't that much so it
crashs all the time, because tomcat is eating more than 200 M of memory.
Can anyone help me on this?

Even not, thanks a lot,

Ronaldo Florence