Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Wolfgang Jeltsch <zs...@acme.softbase.org> on 2008/11/16 00:44:24 UTC

Where’s the e-mail address of a user used?

Hello again,

when I create a user in Lenya, I have to enter an e-mail address for this
user.  I wonder what Lenya needs this for.  Does this address show up on some
webpage?  This would be bad since some of these addresses are not intended
for public use.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang

Re: Where’s the e-mail address of a user used?

Posted by Richard Frovarp <ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> when I create a user in Lenya, I have to enter an e-mail address for this
> user.  I wonder what Lenya needs this for.  Does this address show up on some
> webpage?  This would be bad since some of these addresses are not intended
> for public use.
>
> Best wishes,
> Wolfgang

It can show up on pages, depending on how you have your xslt defined.

Also, it is possible for notifications (review, publish, reject) to be
sent out via email instead of the local messaging system. This obviously
  requires having an email address associated with a user.

Richard