Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "A.Marchand" <a....@progeri.com> on 2015/12/02 08:55:29 UTC

ActiveMQ web console

We started a web based monitoring console for ActiveMQ using the AngularJS
framework via the Jolokia API that includes most of the functions of the one
included by default with ActiveMQ. It also integrates an internal stomp
client. It is easily customisable to fit a particular project based on
ActiveMQ. It is possible to deploy it by simply copying it in the webapps
folder of a particular ActiveMQ installation. It is of course Open Source
and thus feel free to contribute if you like it.

source/wiki on GitHub: https://github.com/snuids/AMQC/wiki
live demo: http://www.pi2s.be/AMQC/    (Use the IP of your local ActiveMQ,
for example 127.0.0.1 if you have a local ActiveMQ)

We only checked it with ActiveMQ 5.12, but it should be compatible with all
ActiveMQ that have the Jolokia API enabled.

Hawtio is great but it did not let us have the possibility to easily
customize it in order to build a simplified monitoring product for a
particular customer.

Re: ActiveMQ web console

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
There was some discussion about donating stomp.js to ActiveMQ here:
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Code-donation-for-stomp-js-td4694260.html

I don't think anything ever came of it though.

RE: ActiveMQ web console

Posted by "A.Marchand" <a....@progeri.com>.
Hi Devlin,

Our console app simply retrieves most of what is accessible via the jolokia
api. So if the info is not displayed in one tab of our interface it is
probably not there. If it is included, displaying these particular
information on a specific page is quite easy if you simply use the same
system as us. Angular + AMQ Rest API. We don't use the cluster of brokers
technology so I cannot really go further on this but our source code is
probably smaller than 30K of javascript, so you should be able to take parts
of it in order to build your own system.

Cheers,

Arnaud

RE: ActiveMQ web console

Re: ActiveMQ web console

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I wonder what will take to make it compatible with Artemis. it would
be cool as well.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu> wrote:
> The web console doesn't work with Jetty disabled, and this doesn't work
> with Jolokia disabled.  Is the difference between those two statements
> really as big as you've made it out to be?
>
> The simple fact of having some well-documented dependencies doesn't seem
> like a deal-breaker to me...
>
> Tim
> On Dec 4, 2015 1:52 PM, "artnaseef" <ar...@artnaseef.com> wrote:
>
>> I like the look-and-feel of this console, based on the screen-shots at
>> https://github.com/snuids/AMQC/wiki.
>>
>> It's very interesting that this tool works entirely out of the browser as
>> well.
>>
>> All of the information displayed is obtained via jolokia, is that correct?
>> And all administration also operates via jolokia?
>>
>> That would be a concern for a web-console, in my opinion, which should work
>> with any configuration of ActiveMQ, even when jolokia is disabled.  With
>> that said, even if this is not great as a web-console, it is a welcome tool
>> for ActiveMQ users.
>>

>> --

Clebert Suconic

Re: ActiveMQ web console

Posted by "A.Marchand" <a....@progeri.com>.
Hi Christopher,

Nothing really new here. We are using this console for our own purpose on
more than 80 servers and are quite happy with the stability of it. Do you
think that it could be possible to list it as a third party monitoring
console on the ActiveMQ webpage
(http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-monitor-activemq.html) ? It would give
us more visibility and a chance to enroll more enthusiastic devs in order to
improve the product.

Target: https://github.com/snuids/AMQC/wiki

Cheers,

Arnaud

Re: ActiveMQ web console

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
There was some talk in another thread on the dev list about a possible
donation of AMQC.  I had mentioned this in that same thread but if the
project does get donated I would think making it into a separate ActiveMQ
sub project would be best.  Then it could support both ActiveMQ 5.x and
eventually Artemis as well as be released independently.

Also, with AMQC as a separate project the current webconsole could stay as
is and continue to be bundled with ActiveMQ for now and if the community
eventually decides that AMQC is a better alternative after a period of time
(as Tim said, it needs to be proven and we need user feedback), then the
old webconsole could be deprecated/removed.

Re: ActiveMQ web console

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Re: ActiveMQ web console

Re: ActiveMQ web console

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Re: ActiveMQ web console

Re: ActiveMQ web console

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
ActiveMQ 5.13.0 has been upgraded to the latest Jetty 9.2.x version.  It
has been released and will be formally announced as soon as the binaries
are mirrored everywhere (by tomorrow).

Re: ActiveMQ web console

Posted by "A.Marchand" <a....@progeri.com>.
In fact, the password never reaches the demo host server, because the angular
demo application that you get from the host site runs in your browser. If
you check the network flow from your browser, you will see that nothing is
posted to the host. The angular app simply makes Rest Call to your local
broker and thus the only traffic from the host server is the one used to get
the html pages and scripts back to your browser. All the other connections
are local connections on your own local network.

Concerning the CORS problem, I banged my head a little against the wall
because the current jetty provided with ActiveMQ is not the latest one and I