Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2014/03/03 21:24:57 UTC

Re: [RELEASE][DISCUSS] How to download AOO 4.1.0 Beta?

Am 02/14/2014 09:53 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> As this is our first beta release at Apache, I would like to clarify
> some things before it's maybe too late to change the facts and to
> prepare webpages:
>
> 3. File names:
>
> Of course the file names of the install files have to show a difference
> compared to the general release files. Suggestion:
>
> Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Beta_Win_x86_install.exe
>
> *If* there is a need to publish another round, it could be extended with
> a number like:
>
> Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Beta2_Win_x86_install.exe

OK, I've learned that this won't be possible and the names will be
slightly different - but only as long as they are not uploaded to
Sourceforge. Therefore I suggest to rename them to the synxtax that was
used before (see above).

I've created already a little shell script to do the work but won't
attach here.

@Juergen: Is this something for you?

Thanks

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE][DISCUSS] How to download AOO 4.1.0 Beta?

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/07/2014 01:06 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 3/6/14 11:01 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> an overview of the Beta files can found under
>>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/4.1.0-beta_files.txt
>>>
>>> IT is not yet 100% complete because the Linux upload is still ongoing. I
>>> will update it asap
>>
>> Thanks a lot :-) I will look for the missing files.
>
> the file is updated and should contain now a listing of all files

Thanks again.

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE][DISCUSS] How to download AOO 4.1.0 Beta?

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/6/14 11:01 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 03/06/2014 01:19 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:

>>> I said that I would like to use the bits that comes out of the build
>>> process directly without any further touching.

>>> I know that but every extra step in the release phase that is not
>>> necessary shoudl be avoided. Changing the download script should be
>>> trivial as well.
>>>
>>> Nobody can say if we really will work on this cleanup and time for it.
>>> That means tweak the existing process to the names the build produce and
>>> not introduce a further step.

>>> again, point us to the relevant scripts or better to the place where I
>>> can find instructions to do that for cases where you are not available.
>>
>> an overview of the Beta files can found under
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/4.1.0-beta_files.txt
>>
>> IT is not yet 100% complete because the Linux upload is still ongoing. I
>> will update it asap
>
> Thanks a lot :-) I will look for the missing files.

the file is updated and should contain now a listing of all files

Juergen

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/06/2014 09:20 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 3/5/14 10:46 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> no and I am not in favor or changing the names. I would like to use the
>>> names as they came out of the build.
>>>
>>> Please point me to the scripts that build the name for the download. It
>>> should be easy to put the beta string in the correct position.
>>
>> You want to edit the download scripting but not doing a 1 minute file
>> renaming? Hm ;-)
>
> I said that I would like to use the bits that comes out of the build
> process directly without any further touching.
>

>>> We have already said why the naming scheme is different and that it
>>> requires more time to analyze and tweak the build process for a proper
>>> naming. We hope that we can cleanup and improve this for the next
>>> release.
>>
>> I have not asked to change the names in the build system but what comes
>> out of it.
>
> I know that but every extra step in the release phase that is not
> necessary shoudl be avoided. Changing the download script should be
> trivial as well.
>
> Nobody can say if we really will work on this cleanup and time for it.
> That means tweak the existing process to the names the build produce and
> not introduce a further step.
>

>>> But for now I would like to avoid any extra step and the change in the
>>> download script is one place. Otherwise I have to change several places
>>> where I automate some pre-release steps.
>>
>> So, it seems you or me have to change something in order to get working
>> download.
>>
>> OK, don't worry I'll take care of it.
>
> again, point us to the relevant scripts or better to the place where I
> can find instructions to do that for cases where you are not available.

I said already I'll take care of it and I will be available on Monday. ;-)

Of course it is not that difficult to adapt the scripting to the new
naming schema. However, we will then have 2 schemas and needs to
differenciate between 4.0.1 and 4.1.0. I've nearly finished the work.

If you want to have a look, it's the download.js and download_other.js
files. But I've not yet committed the changes.

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE][DISCUSS] How to download AOO 4.1.0 Beta?

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.