Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Daniel Watford <da...@foomoo.co.uk> on 2020/07/25 08:58:25 UTC

Is the HTML renderer still used?

Hello,

While working on OFBIZ-11907 (
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/pull/217) I needed to alter the
various callers to WidgetWorker's methods for creating URLs, links and
hidden forms.

For most of the callers I was able to find examples of their use and
therefore (manually) check that current behaviour was maintained after the
WidgetWorker changes. However I couldn't find any places where
HtmlMenuRenderer and HtmlTreeRenderer were used.

I've made minimal changes to HtmlMenuRenderer and HtmlTreeRenderer so they
can continue to use WidgetWorker, but without concrete examples of usage I
am unable to prove they still work.

Is the HTML Renderer package (org.apache.ofbiz.widget.renderer.html) still
in use or was it replaced by the Macro Renderer package?

If HTML Renderer is still used please please point me at the relevant
screens in Ofbiz so I can confirm they have not been broken by the
WidgetWorker changes.

If the HTML Render package is no longer in use can we remove it?

Thanks,

Dan.

--
Daniel Watford