Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca> on 1998/01/31 03:20:46 UTC

fwd: Apache/mod_perl developers wanted

I was asked to forward this to this list.  Hope nobody minds.

MOD_PERL/APACHE WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER

We are a small (22 people) internet based start up located in San
Francisco, CA seeking an experienced Mod_Perl/Apache web application
developer.

Responsibilities will include:  Contributing to our web-based email
product (allowing customers to access their mailbox from anywhere in the
world, just by opening a convenient web browser), the account provisioning
system (allowing our partners and support staff to create and manage email
accounts, from any browser, or to send requests via a simple TCP
protocol), and custom QA tools, which allow us to create and reproduce
testing scenarios for all of our web-based products.

Requires:  Experience designing and writing highly scalable internet
applications with mod_perl, experience with the Apache server, embedding C
into mod_perl using XS when needed for increased performance, using CPAN
and writing reusable code in Perl.  You need to be very comfortable
designing complex object oriented software applications, building highly-
scalable web applications. SQL database exp and Unix a big +

Please note:  we will accept candidates without Mod_perl/Apache as long as
they have developed large, complex object oriented web applications.

We offer a great working environment, lots of stock and an opportunity to
be with a company poised for huge growth.

Please contact:  Debra Ray at deray@pacbell.net

Re: fwd: Apache/mod_perl developers wanted

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

	:
> Please contact:  Debra Ray at deray@pacbell.net

PacBell is a small Internet startup? :-D

#ken	P-)}