Posted to general@james.apache.org by "Tarkenton, Daniel S." <DA...@saic.com> on 2004/02/04 17:39:46 UTC

Where are the 2.1.3 binary downloads?

Hello, I'm trying to grab the 2.1.3 james binaries.

I went to http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi to attempt to download
the binaries, but the only link to get them seems to be down.

The link I tried is this:
http://mirrors.ccs.neu.edu/Apache/dist/jakarta/james/binaries/james-2.1.3.zi

I noticed that James is going through some sort of transition to the new
site.  Is this a dead link?  Where can I get the binaries!?

Thanks!

RE: Where are the 2.1.3 binary downloads?

Posted by "Brian C. Dilley" <br...@briandilley.com>.
thanks

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 09:47, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > how do i unsubscribe from this list?

> 	--- Noel

Windows 2000 is out! -- PC Magazine, April 2013

RE: Where are the 2.1.3 binary downloads?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by "Brian C. Dilley" <br...@briandilley.com>.

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 08:39, Tarkenton, Daniel S. wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to grab the 2.1.3 james binaries.
>
> I went to http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi to attempt to download
> the binaries, but the only link to get them seems to be down.
>
> The link I tried is this:
> http://mirrors.ccs.neu.edu/Apache/dist/jakarta/james/binaries/james-2.1.3.zi
>
> I noticed that James is going through some sort of transition to the new
> site.  Is this a dead link?  Where can I get the binaries!?
>
> Thanks!

Red Hat Linux 10.0 RALEIGH-DURHAM, NC -- HypeNewsWire -- Red Hat, the
producer of the most popular Linux distribution with over 25 million
estimated users, is proud to announce the availability of Red Hat Linux
10.0. The latest version contains the new Linux 6.2 kernel, the Z Window
System 2.0, full support for legacy Windows 3.x/9x/200x/NT software
apps, and more. Copies of Red Hat Linux 10.0 will be available in stores
on CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, or GNUDE (GNU Digital Encoding) disks within the
next week. Compaq, Dell, Gateway, and several other large computer
manufacturers have announced that they will offer computer systems with
Red Hat 10.0 pre-installed. "We can sell systems with Red Hat
pre-installed for considerably less than systems with Microsoft
ActiveWindows 2001. Overall, Red Hat Linux's superior quality, low
price, and modest system requirements puts Windows to shame," one Dell
spokesperson said at last week's LinDex convention.

RE: Where are the 2.1.3 binary downloads?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Daniel,

Apparently the mirror was not honoring redirection.  If you were to have
gone to:

  http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/james/binaries/james-2.1.3.zip

it would have been redirected to the new location.  This may be due to a
mis-understanding on my part of whether the mirrors were obligated to honor
our redirection declarations, without which URLs become fragile.

Now that the mirrors are replicating the new location, I have updated the
James site to include our download page, and removed James from the Jakarta
download page.

	--- Noel