Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Xiang Zhou (Samuel)" <zh...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/18 22:13:03 UTC

Will Mirror Maker only support 1 to 1?

Hi, folks,

I found that the Mirror Maker docs should be updated(KAFKA-2449) since it
mentions N source to 1 destination will not be supported. So is that true
it only support 1 source to 1 destination in 0.9.0? Or it will be extended
to support N source to N dest?

Thanks,
Samuel

Re: Will Mirror Maker only support 1 to 1?

Posted by Craig Swift <cr...@returnpath.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

We've done a variety of different mirror configurations in the past (we
mirror from AWS into several different data centers) including the first
one you describe. In fact for some high volume / large message topics we
actually found splitting it up and placing a dedicated mirror for the large
topic to be useful.

Craig J. Swift

Posted by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,