Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jon Linczak <li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/06/09 22:39:59 UTC

Integrate JSP with Lenya pub docs?

How can I add dynamic items to my pages using JSP?
I want to add a form to a page that needs to be submitted to a database.
How can I do this from within Lenya?  Does XSP aacomplish this?

Re: Problems with default pub

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Luis zorita wrote:
>
> > I,ve tested it with tomcat5.0, tomcat5.0.25, cocoon 2.1.4,
> > cocoon2.1.5,xalan 2.5.0, xerces 2.6.1
> > Luis Zorita
>
> make sure you have ONLY xalan 2.5.0 and xerces 2.6.1 in your
> tomcat, including endorsed libs

Check also that you don't have stray versions in the
webapps/lenya/WEB-INF/libs/ directory or any place except for
common/endorsed/.

--
JP

Re: Problems with default pub

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Problems with default pub

Posted by Luis zorita <lz...@pas.uned.es>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Luis zorita wrote:

> If I start lenya as standalone application: localhosy:8888. No problem ,
> butif I start lenya as a tomcat-cocoon application: localhost:8080 then
> lenya starts ,but after trying open lenya default pub (after login) I
> get next error message:
>
> ... snip ...
>
> I,m using windows2000, tomcat 5.0, lenya release 25 april.

I suggest you move to a newer release of lenya as many fixes have
been made.  Also, make sure that the proper versions of xalan and
xerces are installed (see the lenya wiki for discussion of this).
What version of cocoon are you using?  Should be at least 2.1.4.

--
JP

Problems with default pub

Posted by Luis zorita <lz...@pas.uned.es>.
Hi lenya's:
If I start lenya as standalone application: localhosy:8888. No problem ,
butif I start lenya as a tomcat-cocoon application: localhost:8080 then
lenya starts ,but after trying open lenya default pub (after login) I
get next error message:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler
for
file:/D:/Tomcat5.0.25/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/xslt/xhtml2xhtml.xsl:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in
creating Transform Handler

column: 41

line: 29

cause: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Expresión vacía!

location: file:/D:/Tomcat5.0.25/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/xslt/xhtml2xhtml.xsl

I,m using windows2000, tomcat 5.0, lenya release 25 april.

With  former version of lenya all worked fine.
Any suggestion?.
Luis Zorita

Re: Integrate JSP with Lenya pub docs?

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Jonathan Linczak wrote:

> However, I'm still really confused on the JSP portion.  I read the
> document, but where do I get started in Lenya.  Say, for example,
> I want to add a new page that calls in some dynamic item, like the
> current date and time.  I would think to go to Lenya, create a new
> document, and then perhaps go the "One Form" area and add my XSP
> code to call my JSP code to spit out the current date and time.
> Can I really do this, or is there another method I need to be
> using?

At this point, Lenya doesn't provide an "application building"
interface (though some folks are exploring this).  Generally, what
you would do is at a source code level write an XSP (or whatever,
you're not limited to XSP), and have it included in the generated
documents as part of your pipelines.  This is easy to do but you do
need to know a bit about the lenya and cocoon internals.

You might take a look at how lenya generates the code to place the
current time on the authoring page view.  This can easily be
generalized to call a JSP.

--
JP

Re: Integrate JSP with Lenya pub docs?

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.
Thanks for the links.  It's confusing finding out information about
Lenya, since most of it is in Cocoon's documentation.  I'll eventually
figure it all out.

However, I'm still really confused on the JSP portion.  I read the
document, but where do I get started in Lenya.  Say, for example, I
want to add a new page that calls in some dynamic item, like the
current date and time.  I would think to go to Lenya, create a new
document, and then perhaps go the "One Form" area and add my XSP code
to call my JSP code to spit out the current date and time.  Can I
really do this, or is there another method I need to be using?

Thanks for your help - we're deciding between this and another CMS to
manage our whole College external site, so any help is greatly
appreciated!

Jon

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.