Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/13 10:35:26 UTC

Indexing Solr in production

Hi,

What is the best practice to do indexing in Solr for production system.I'm
using Solr 5.3.0.

I understand that post.jar does not have things like robustness checks and
retires, which is important in production, as sometimes certain records
might failed during the indexing, and we need to re-try the indexing for
those records that fails.

Normally, do we need to write a new custom handler in order to achieve all
these?
Want to find out what most people did before I decide on a method and
proceed on to the next step.

Thank you.

Regards,
Edwin